Monday 8 June 2009

Slave to the routine


Well, the boys have gone back to school today after their half term plus 'bonus week. The house feels so quiet now and I'm now back to the birds for company - not bad though!

As much as I hate routine, I am a slave to it and even on holiday battle with keeping to a slightly different routine versus throwing caution to the wind. The one part of routine I don't like is the clock watching. It just seems so endless - meal times, school drop-off, pick-up, activities, etc etc. Do I dare say it, but I am looking forward to the next school holiday - 7 weeks for us. I don't like wishing the year away - as look, it's already June! but I do crave the holiday times.

Anyway, before we went away, Snapdragon was giving away a limited number of pretty badges of which I picked the caravan one. On my return it was waiting for me. It's so lovely and I'm looking forward to adding it to my denim jacket.

I'll leave you with some photos of the pretties I bought at the Vintage and Handmade Fair along with those purchased on our travels round Cornwall.










10 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Sarah, love that badge.
Lots of sweet things on your post but I must admit anything with caravans on is a big hit with me at the moment....I have a yerning for a caravan have you seen the Eriba Troll caravans, they are very reto.
Cx

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I know what you mean, I am not looking forward to Danny starting school and it will mean 2 school runs a day and clock watching, currently Jamie catches the bus to school so I don't have to go anywhere at a specific time...very often!

I love your vintage finds, the cake plate and tea plates especially... well done you

X Alex

Thedarkerside73 said...

Arrgh! clock watching! I hate it. I used to think it was when you had really small children was when you clock watche the most you know with feeding times etc. but wih Lala at school now that all I do! I have to make Boo Bear has her lunch early enough so she can have a decent 1hr + nap before school pick up! then before you know it you are looking at th time for tea baths and bedtimes. It is sometimes relentless. As you say roll on holiday time.

Lots of prettyness there. Hope you had a lovely holiday.


MBBx

Sal said...

Glad you had a good spending spree at the fair...lovely choices ...;-)

Floss said...

Lovely stuff! I hate the clock watching too. School starts at 8.30 here and ends (primary) at 4.30 or (secondary) at 5pm. So when you want to fit in homework (lots), a dog walk, a meal, some leisure time etc, plus rugby and piano, there's a lot of clock watching if the boys aren't going to end up in bed at 10pm every night.

Poppy said...

You got some lovely bits, it’s a shame I didn’t see you at the fair.

I’m still clock watching even now and mine are older!

Love Lou xxx

PS. Your pictures of Cornwall were beautiful!

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely goodies.
At work I have to do time management so when I not working I never wear a watch, I love holidays just for the fact I don't have to check the time!! :)

Karin said...

I know what you mean. Time does seem to fly away, doesn't it? I love all your vintage goodies!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What goodies!

Victoria xx

Mary Poppins said...

Ohooo what lovely goodies :) I had a little heart badge, they are so sweet aren't they.

A man who gets excited about buttons, sounds like my kinda fella ;)

Hugs

X