Wednesday 25 February 2009

One foot in the past


I wonder if all of today's gadgets, books, clothes and general bits and bobs will have the same attraction in another 30-40 yrs time.........

I recently purchased an old sweet tin - Nuttal's Mintoes which sits proudly in the kitchen. You can imagine it sitting there all those years ago with the other sweet tins in a traditional sweet shop. I wonder what happened to those tins..........

Some people may think you can label any old rubbish as vintage - and that may be true but I think it's great that so many of us collect items from the past. Modern life today is all about disposable and if it doesn't work or we don't like it, it gets binned.

2 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Great blog lovely to have found you.

Sarah said...

Thanks for that - have just read your blog with interest - love the piece on knitting needles. I was lucky enough for my mother-in-law to give me a massive bag of needles and I've got them all stored in a lovely basket.
Sarah