Thursday 28 May 2009

Au revoir folks!


Can you guess where we're off to on Saturday!





Yep, we're all going on a weeks break to Cornwall - yippee!!! Our school bundle all their teacher training days into 1 week after the May half term - how great is that in terms of getting a cheaper break away?!


Got into a bit of a cold sweat when we booked it as I wanted to go to the Vintage and Handmade fair this coming Saturday, but it's en route so all good. I'll be in tow with hubby and 2 little herberts and I think hubby thinks that as the car will be jam packed I won't be able to make too many purchases - ha, we'll see about that!

I always get so stressed just before we go away, getting orders up to date and sent out, washing, ironing, mowing the lawn etc etc and what seems like a swear word to (some) men - PACKING - why is it that men and packing just don't go hand in hand? I don't even mind packing hubby's stuff but he hasn't even got anything out yet. Not being very good at 'not' saying what I think I did highlight the fact that time was moving on etc etc. He made some movement and managed to get 'socks' out, nothing else but just socks?????? AAGH.

Moving on - I hope everyone's having a good half term for those with children and at least the weather has decided to pick up, although the weekend was glorious. We did the rounds at a couple of car boots and will share the great goodies with you on my return.

We've met up with friends at local country parks, played football and a bit more football, and a bit more. On Wednesday we went to visit my mum. I was hoping she'd be the one to help sort out my crochet, but to no avail! She's forgotten how to do it!

Interestingly enough, in the 60's she used to make crochet hats as they were all the rage, and she sold them! We then had a good route through some of her old books. One Ladybird book was given to her by her school and had a book plate in it with the date of 1956! Of course it was written in ink pen. Writing with ink pens seem to be a thing of the past now. Typically I didn't have my camera so can't share some pics. She had Milly Molly Mandy - remember those. Little Black Sambo - you certainly can't get those anymore.

I also found out that my grandparents had all the Beryl Ware, but I think it's all gone now. My grandmother doesn't like clutter and tends to get rid of everything - blast!
Well, I won't waffle on any further. Enjoy what's left of the half term and I'll see some of you tomorrow, otherwise I'll catch up with you all on my return. I might be tempted to take a sneak peek at your posts as I'm taking the laptop with me (sad I know) as I have to keep on top of emails etc.

Bye for now. Xx






15 comments:

Poppy said...

So if I go to the fair on Saturday I have got to look out for the man with only socks on, I will try not to laugh. :0)
Have a lovely holiday, I wish I was going back, I love it in Cornwall

Love Lou xxx

bex said...

i really want to go to the fai rbut im working at 11 and finish at nine!! rubbish!!! hope you have a great holiday!
x

LissyLou said...

Enjoy your trip away, love the top teddy pic. I wish i could go to the fair - too far away for me though. x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Have a fabulous time in cornwall, and what a brilliant idea... I wonder if our school would do that! holidays more than double in the holidays...

I think your man will get arrested if all he takes is socks! ;D

have a wonderful holiday
x Alex

Floss said...

Have a wonderful time! We have no half term holiday this term (sulk). The theory is that we make do on lots of bank holidays, plus we end school on July 4th. But somehow everyone really needs a break RIGHT NOW! Anyway, enough of France - enjoy Cornwall and the V&H Fair!

Anonymous said...

I really hope you enjoy your trip and the weather stays fab for you. xxxxx

Mary Poppins said...

Ohooo how lovely, what gorgeous photographs :) I reckon you shall have a ball, hope the weather stays nice for you, look forward to seeing any pretties you may buy ;)

Have fun

X

Emily said...

Have a fabulous time! Looks splendid :)

The sewing room said...

Have a great time and make sure your man uses sun screen if he,s only wearing socks and have a good time at the fair.


HUGS PAT

periwinkle said...

hope you have an absolutely spiffing time
lisa x

Thedarkerside73 said...

Hi hope you have a great break. Lucky you for the school bunging in all their teacher training days! its a good idea.

Lol had to laugh about your hubby only getting out his socks! I have to say I am the one who lets the side down in our house. I have no orgaizational skills at all! And I HATE packing. Luckily hubby is very good at it! tee hee. Although I do sort all mine and the girls stuff out he packs it away. He is very usuful like that.

Have a great holiday you lucky things.

MBBx

Mrs Jelly said...

Hope you had a nice time away.
We're off to Cornwall the end of this month, so I hope you left it nice and tidy :o)
By the way, YOU'RE A WINNER!
Stop by my blog
xx

noelle said...

ooh have a great time , will you be coming to St. Ives i wonder. Look forward to some great photos:)

Elaine said...

Hello there.

I've had your website bookmarked for ages, but didn't realise you had a blog. And when I get here I can see lots of friends are followers!!!

Hope you have a great Holiday and looking forward to your posts in the future.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Have a great trip , take care .