Thursday 7 May 2009

Keep on smiling......



I do have to despair at the male species sometimes. They have an ability to forget on more than one occasion, can't see what's right in front of them and can only achieve one task at a time and any more than that, the world then crashes down etc etc etc etc.
The male in question happens to be my 9yr old, and maybe I should make allowances for that fact that he is a child. My excuse is that I'm doing him a favour for his later years.

It started yesterday - he had to go to school with a couple of extra items - football boots, and his cooking ingredients for his yummy lunch they were doing. He also had to do a class assembly and should have taken in all his bits and pieces which he forgot (he hadn't told me so I couldn't remind him).

At the end of the day, I picked them up and we had to run out of school as Jack had football which starts at 3.30 over the other side of town so always a rush. Get into the car, drive off and I said to Toby - do you have your football boots 'No', do you have the ingredient containers 'No', have you got your water bottle 'No'. The only thing he remembered to bring out was himself - doh.........There was no time to turn round and get them all so on we went to football. End of Wednesday.

This morning Toby got dressed and the trousers he put on were too big. Never mind I said, just turn the top of the trousers over. His other numerous pairs of trousers were spinning round in the washing machine. I apparently should have washed them lastnight according to him - hellooooo. I did let that comment go. As he has a cold I told him to put a pack of tissues in his pocket.

I then went downstairs and saw that the washing machine had finished so quickly got a pair of trousers out and started to tumble dry them. Went back upstairs to finish getting ready, told Toby to take the ones he had on off which he did. He then went downstairs to wait for the tumble dryer to finish, meanwhile he had left his MP3 blaring upstairs. By this point my blood was beginning to boil.

Anyway, I got the trousers out of the tumble dryer, sent Jack upstairs to get the pack of tissues from Toby's original trouser pocket. (I hope you are all keeping up!!!!). He couldn't find them, Toby then went upstairs - he couldn't find them either. Despite being told to put them in his pocket, he had put them down somewhere in his room and then they somehow vanished..........

He has the ability to work out complex maths problems in his head (I have to use a calculator to make sure he's got the answer right!!) but yet simple tasks seem to overwhelm him.

Oddly enough, as soon as I returned from dropping them off at school I found them - they were lying in full view on his bookcase. I rest my case.

So that's that really. I may come back in another life as a knitted teddy. Tra la la.






17 comments:

noelle said...

Ha Ha i know just how you feel ,but don't you just love 'em !!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... hehe... this is my son through and through. Too funny. Come to think of it, I think it's my hubs too.. :)

Josie-Mary said...

I'm sorry to say the all stay the same no matter what age...LOL!!! :)

The sewing room said...

Well when my sons do that l just look at their father,they say the apple does;nt fall far from the tree,sorry they don;t get better with age,unlike a fine bottle of wine.

HUGS PAT

A Bun Can Dance said...

Dear Sarah
Thank you for my lovely award - it has made my day!
I love this funny blog post - all I can say is that Men of any age are so lucky to have us around to organise and generally make life easy for them!!
Life as a knitted teddy sounds very tempting - just imagine all the cuddles one could have?
Have a happy weekend.
Denise x

Lace hearts said...

I mustn't laugh, I mustn't laugh... boy, this is my 8 yr old all over. He managed to 'lose' three things at school on one day last week. I just accept it's gonna happen now. x

Thedarkerside73 said...

Well I dont know about sons but sounds a lot like husbands! maybe he is in training for later years and have a wife to do it for him! lol.

Its like with dates anniversaries, birthdays etc even arrangements, my husband before I met him was capable of knowing his families birthday's but now dosnt know them at all! his dad is no better didnt realize his mum had her 80th birthday last year thought it was this year! Men!


MBBx

bex said...

hehehe, thats funny
x

Taz said...

The higher the intelligence the less room for common sense ;)

Emily said...

Kids. You gotta love 'em!

Lucy said...

Oh I do sympathise! My eldest daughter used to be exactly that like - I used to despair and wonder how she would ever cope with middle school. Every day I'd collect her from school and send her straight back in to get lunchbox, cardigan, violin, bag, coat etc....sometimes she'd get sent back in two or three times. Eventually the penny dropped! Hugs. Lucy x

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

THE SAME THING HERE!
DEBBIE MOSS

Pretty Practicals said...

Oh it was like reading a story about my husband (except for rolling the trousers up bit). I love him to distraction, but sometimes...
What a lovely blog, I am pleased to have found it.
Liz

Unknown said...

Yep , know exactly what you mean .

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your car booting Sarah, I hope you post some lovely piccies of your scrumptious finds. xxxxx

claire said...

lol!!!
That scenario sounds sooooo much like my 11 year old!!
My other big son is the opposite very organised!!
x

saraeden said...

Oh you could be talking about any of my boys i have to stand by the door in a morning going through a list of have you got's !!!

I must say they really don't get any better xx

Sara x