Sunday 15 March 2009

Gardening weekend


Morning all!

What another lovely day it is. This is what we've been waiting for - the birds singing, blue sky and sunshine.

I decided yesterday that enough was enough and it was time to get out into the garden. It was looking so sorry for itself. The primroses had just started to flower again and the bulbs are coming up so I started picking up twigs, leaves and other debris. The edging tiles were falling over so they needed some attention. I also planted some bulbs which I had flowering inside the house. So.......after no more than 1/2 an hour it now resembles a slightly more cared for garden!

As I've said before, because 2 sides of our garden is hedgerow it's difficult to have formal beds and structure, but I've got used to it now - especially after 9 years!

It's surprising what a bit of gardening can do. Hopefully today, I'll be able to get on with it - that's in between football matches, Sunday lunch, finishing off some orders and helping the boys with their homework. Tra la la.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi, I saw you over at Country in the Town and thought I'd say hello :) I love all of your vintage-y photos. Very nice.