Friday 6 March 2009

The tidy Mrs Tittlemouse


The Tale of Mrs Tittlemouse is the only book (I think) that I've kept from childhood. It was bought for my 1st birthday and always enjoyed having it read to me.

As an adult I can now relate to Mrs Tittlemouse as she "was a most terribly tidy particular little mouse, always sweeping and dusting the soft sandy floors" to the point where she could tidy no more and promptly fell asleep in her chair muttering "Will it ever be tidy again?"

Who'd have thought all these years on, I'd have the same thoughts as Mrs Tittlemouse. Having 3 males in the house is always asking for trouble, and combined with my extreme desire to having everything tidy and precise is a difficult job.

I know when I worked conventionally and went out of the house each day, I didn't notice a bit of dust or a mark on the wall which might need touching up, but now working from home I see everything!

Life would be so much easier if I relaxed a little, but I don't think I'll change, infact I'll always be a Mrs Tittlemouse.............

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi, I saw you over at Country in the Town and thought I'd stop by. Lovely blog. I must confess, I'm no Mrs. Tittlemouse.